Monday, February 12, 2018

Back At It

Wow, it has been a while!  So Maddie returned to agility competition in December.  Her shoulder ligament healed without incident.  Taking the conservative course of action seems to have been the right choice.  I confined her at home so she would not jump around and play, but I continued to carefully walk her almost daily.  A second ultrasound confirmed that the ligament had healed.
Since it was summer, I was able to increase her exercise starting with swimming.  Maddie was a so so swimmer and never seemed to like it much.  However, I think she was so thrilled for more activity that she now has an appreciation for swimming and got really good at it.  Then I added some trotting and galloping next to my bike and eventually some agility.
We trialed once in December, January, and February.  So far she has been running clean like crazy in Master Standard, but Jumper legs elude us.  We did earn QQ #16 in one of our trials.