We also found out that there is a storm drain on the next street over that collects water from about 300 feet of street and it empties out on our property line.
So in February we got a few estimates and opinions. We jumped through the Homeowner's Association and Georgia Power hoops. We crossed our T's and dotted our I's. We got fence estimates. This was not a project we could complete in parts. If you were going to grade the yard, you had to take down the fence, and if the fence was down, you had to put it back up. The shed was rotting and located in a bad place. If you have hardscape workers and a bobcat, you might as well have them haul it away and remove the concrete pad. A Big Thank You to Snookums for tearing it down! And while we could live without a shed for awhile, it made sense to go ahead and get it while the fence was down since it would not fit through the gate. So the expensive project turned into a very expensive project.... but hey.... it's for the dogs!
Five french drains were installed across of the yard.
Then crushed stone and river sand mixture was laid on top of the newly graded ground. It is similar to what my other field was topped with before the grass overtook it.
And then a little future garden in the corner.